The Age 55+ Employment Resource Center helps hundreds of older workers find jobs to support their basic needs each year, and helps local employers find experienced, dedicated and reliable employees. Services are free to both job seekers and employers.
See video about the program:
Older workers trying to re-enter workforce getting help from city program | KING5.com Seattle
Services for the Age 55+ job seeker include:
- Employer outreach
- Training resources to upgrade job skills including computer classes
- Computer access for resume writing and Internet research
- Individual job counseling
- Quarterly employment workshops
- Job listings
Who we serve:
- Seattle residents age 55+ who are looking for work
- Your Job Search: Overview
- Your Job Search: Checklist
- Age 55+ Employment Resource Center Registration Form in Word or PDF
This form can be completed on your computer, or printed and then completed by hand. To complete it on your computer:
1) Right-click here and Save (or Save Target As …) the file to your computer’s hard drive or desktop.
2) Open the saved file on your computer.
3) Complete the form by typing on the gray bars and clicking on appropriate boxes. Remember to complete the bottom of the page 2.
4) Save your work!
5) Attach your completed form to an e-mail message. Send the e-mail and attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
6) If you are unable to e-mail the form, print and send it to the Age 55+ Employment Resource Center at the address listed here.
7) Refer to “Your Job Search – Checklist” for information on starting your job search while you wait to be contacted by our staff.
For more information on the Age 55+ Employment Resource Center and its services, call 206-684-0500 (TTY/TDD: 206-233-2778) weekdays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., or e-mail email@example.com.
Source: Mayor’s Office for Senior Citizens