What could be the most fun for Dad on Father’s Day? One most fun thing to do would be to attend a concert of Chicago!
Seven more headliners including Chicago have announced performance dates during the Oregon Zoo’s 2016 Summer Concert Series, which runs June 19 – Sept. 9.
The newest additions to the lineup:
- An Evening with Lyle Lovett and his Large Band, July 3: One of the great Texas songwriters, and Texas has produced a lot of great songwriters. He’s won four Grammy Awards, has a slew of acting credits and is a fantastic storyteller.
- The B-52s with The English Beat, July 23: Formed in 1976 after drinks at a Chinese restaurant in Athens, Ga., The B-52s have sold more than 20 million albums and more than that many people know the words to “Love Shack” and “Roam” and “Rock Lobster.” The English Beat started with ska in 1979 and has built a house of genres around it since.
- Ziggy Marley Live! with Steel Pulse, Aug. 4: Ziggy Marley’s last album, 2014’s Fly Rasta, won the 2015 Grammy for best reggae album. Next month, he’ll release his self-titled sixth solo album on Tuff Gong Worldwide, the label his father, Bob Marley, began in the 1965. Steel Pulse also has a Grammy for best reggae album, for 1986’sBabylon the Bandit. Being from England, that made Steel Pulse the first non-Jamaican band to win the award.
- Pink Martini featuring China Forbes and Storm Large, Aug. 5-6: In its 22nd year, Pink Martini still tours the world, still connects to the world through music and still entertains young and old alike. Singers China Forbes and Storm Large will both be performing at these always-popular local gigs.
About Oregon Zoo Summer Concerts
In 1979, the Oregon Zoo became the first in America to host a summer concert series. This year, Oregon’s “wildest” outdoor concert series celebrates 37 years of bringing you world-class artists for a night of music and nature from June to September. It wouldn’t be summer in Oregon without an evening of great music at the zoo!
- Tickets for all Oregon Zoo Summer Concerts can be purchased online at zooconcerts.com
- You can also purchase on the phone by calling Ticketfly at 877-435-9849, or in person at the Oregon Zoo box office.
- The Oregon Zoo box office opens at 10:00am.
- Will-call opens at 4:00pm.